July 10, 2018
Hello Everyone, If you are lucky enough to find yourself along the Côte d'Azur on Saturday 21st July, PLEASE come along and say hello at the English Book Centre in Valbonne any time between 3.30 and 6.30pm. There will be refreshments and nibbles and plenty of read more »
June 26, 2018
The Kings Arms in Askrigg was the real name of the pub we used as The Drovers Arms in All Creatures Great and Small. I returned there seven years ago when I was writing a feature for the Mail on Sunday. I ordered a glass of red wine and sat alone, deep in read more »
May 26, 2018
As I write this, planes from everywhere are disgorging bands of women into airports across the Republic who have flown home to Ireland to vote YES to the repeal of the Eighth Amendment. It is a vital vote in Ireland today and by the time you read this, the result read more »
I want to begin by introducing you to our new member of the Olive Farm family. His name is Samson. He is a Tibetan Mastiff and has jaws like an alligator. I heard about him through my Olive Farm Facebook page where I saw a photo of him. He was in a refuge over read more »
Dear Readers and Friends, This is an exciting month for me for several reasons, but let me begin with a bit of non-book news and then continue with the professional afterwards. Michel and I have just returned from a very short trip to Puglia in southern read more »
Hello dear readers and friends, My sincere apologies. I am so very late with this short Newsletter. I seem to have been running behind myself for months. I have not sent out cards so please don’t worry if mine didn’t arrive with you. I have donated my modest pot read more »
- Carol Drinkwater Lives the Good Life in France (and Writes About It Too) The Thin Reads Interview with Carol Drinkwater, Author of “Hotel Paradise”
- NAW Interview with Carol Drinkwater New Asian Writing Online Asian Literary Community interviews Carol following the publication of Hotel Paradise
- Writer's Forum Where I Write: Phil Barrington visits novelist Carol Drinkwater at her French olive farm
- Where are they now? Actress and author Carol Drinkwater. STAGE and screen actress Carol played Helen Herriot in the popular TV series All Creatures Great And Small (1978-1985) with Robert Hardy, Christopher Timothy and Peter Davison.
- 'As a young actress, I would spend everything that I'd earn on travelling…' Irish Indpendent. Louisa McBride interviews Carol Drinkwater.
- No events
http://energydesk.greenpeace.org/2017/07/12/bayer-syngenta-scientists-neonicotinoids-bees/ read more »
Imidacloprid is a terrifying chemical used on much of the world's fruits and vegetables -- and it's wiping out our read more »
If you live in the UK you might want to sign up for the Bumblebee Conservation Trust. They do sterling work in read more »
- 'Harvey Weinstein’s Hollywood hero tried to rape me'. Actress Carol Drinkwater reveals book the disgraced producer was seen carrying was written by an Oscar-winning director who ‘forced himself on her’
- Globalista The Ultimate Companion for the Sophisticated Traveller
- Love Reading We only feature books we have read and believe are great reads in their category.
- Mail on Sunday Read Carol’s articles for Britain’s popular national newspaper.
- The Eden Project The Eden Project is an unique organisation – a tourist attraction, educational charity and social enterprise.