March 26, 2018
"When I dream of an afterlife in heaven, the action always takes place at the Ritz, Paris." Ernest Hemingway wrote. I wonder whether he would offer the same opinion today, or perhaps he would consider some of the latest episodes in this new era of the Ritz as read more »
February 26, 2018
In less that two weeks time, 8th March, it will be the publication date for the paperback of THE LOST GIRL. I have already written here on our lovely HG site about the inspiration for the modern half of the story, which is partially set over the weekend of Friday read more »
January 27, 2018
Forgive the brevity of this post. I am up against several deadlines at present and I am very short of time. Again! In these wintery days, there is little that can be more heartening than admiring some of the art that came out of this corner of the Côte d'Azur read more »
Dear Readers and Friends, This is an exciting month for me for several reasons, but let me begin with a bit of non-book news and then continue with the professional afterwards. Michel and I have just returned from a very short trip to Puglia in southern read more »
Hello dear readers and friends, My sincere apologies. I am so very late with this short Newsletter. I seem to have been running behind myself for months. I have not sent out cards so please don’t worry if mine didn’t arrive with you. I have donated my modest pot read more »
My apologies for being rather slow in getting this letter out. I meant to pen it last month! So today I am finally settling to it, writing my news from fabulous Cork in Ireland overlooking the Wild Atlantic Way where I have been spending a few blissful days read more »
- Carol Drinkwater Lives the Good Life in France (and Writes About It Too) The Thin Reads Interview with Carol Drinkwater, Author of “Hotel Paradise”
- NAW Interview with Carol Drinkwater New Asian Writing Online Asian Literary Community interviews Carol following the publication of Hotel Paradise
- Writer's Forum Where I Write: Phil Barrington visits novelist Carol Drinkwater at her French olive farm
- Where are they now? Actress and author Carol Drinkwater. STAGE and screen actress Carol played Helen Herriot in the popular TV series All Creatures Great And Small (1978-1985) with Robert Hardy, Christopher Timothy and Peter Davison.
- 'As a young actress, I would spend everything that I'd earn on travelling…' Irish Indpendent. Louisa McBride interviews Carol Drinkwater.
- Interview with Carol Drinkwater, author of the Olive Series The Good Life France.
- Daily Mail: Emotional ties with actress and author Carol Drinkwater Carol on notebooks, her obsession with olives, getting married in the Cook Islands, showbiz running in the family and her days on All Creatures Great & Small
- The Irish Times, December 2017 From award-winning actor to bestselling author: John Rainsford discovers the emotional outpouring behind the writer’s latest novel.
- 10 May | Chipping Campden Literature Festival, ,
http://energydesk.greenpeace.org/2017/07/12/bayer-syngenta-scientists-neonicotinoids-bees/ read more »
Imidacloprid is a terrifying chemical used on much of the world's fruits and vegetables -- and it's wiping out our read more »
If you live in the UK you might want to sign up for the Bumblebee Conservation Trust. They do sterling work in read more »