December 26, 2016
This month my blog is very short. Apologies for that. I am a little unwell. On top of that, due to the loss of my mother earlier this year, my husband and I are having a very low-key Christmas. Today, 26th December, is Boxing Day. It is also St Stephen’s Day, read more »
November 30, 2016
The distributors of THE OLIVE ROUTE films have contacted us to say that until 15th Jan, they are selling the boxed set of five gorgeous films for 29.99 euros plus post, which is 5 euros for Europe and 6.50 euros rest of the world. A great price. Send an email read more »
November 29, 2016
Complete France is giving away The Forgotten Summer as one of it's prizes on the 15th December as part of it's 24 day Advent competition. 15 December 2016 | The prize: a bundle of books written by FRANCE Magazine columnists and favourite authors About: This read more »
I think I have begun every letter I have sent out this year by saying how tough these last months have been since the loss of my mother in February. And it continues with the recent loss of several friends and colleagues. Michel and I have decided to take read more »
Today, midway through November, as winter begins to set in hard here in northern France – I am at our home outside Paris, not down on the Olive Farm – it is a day of mourning, of remembrance. All across the UK and the Commonwealth, on this second Sunday in read more »
I am writing this in-between note because, as many of you may know, THE FORGOTTEN SUMMER was published in paperback on 8th September. To celebrate its publication Penguin, along with the magazine Top Santé, has come up with a splendid competition. Here are read more »
- Carol Drinkwater Lives the Good Life in France (and Writes About It Too) The Thin Reads Interview with Carol Drinkwater, Author of “Hotel Paradise”
- NAW Interview with Carol Drinkwater New Asian Writing Online Asian Literary Community interviews Carol following the publication of Hotel Paradise
- Writer's Forum Where I Write: Phil Barrington visits novelist Carol Drinkwater at her French olive farm
- Where are they now? Actress and author Carol Drinkwater. STAGE and screen actress Carol played Helen Herriot in the popular TV series All Creatures Great And Small (1978-1985) with Robert Hardy, Christopher Timothy and Peter Davison.
- 'As a young actress, I would spend everything that I'd earn on travelling…' Irish Indpendent. Louisa McBride interviews Carol Drinkwater.
- Interview with Carol Drinkwater, author of the Olive Series The Good Life France.
- Daily Mail: Emotional ties with actress and author Carol Drinkwater Carol on notebooks, her obsession with olives, getting married in the Cook Islands, showbiz running in the family and her days on All Creatures Great & Small
If you live in the UK you might want to sign up for the Bumblebee Conservation Trust. They do sterling work in read more »
Cornwall Council has decided to ban bee-harming neonicotinoid pesticides from all of its parks, gardens and verges. read more »
A MESSAGE FROM GREENPEACE Big news: Greenpeace investigators have discovered unpublished pesticide-company read more »