The Holiday Cottage
If you would like to stay in our Holiday Cottage, just below the Olive Farm, then please contact me with your desired dates and times.
One bedroomed cottage set in its own grounds with private parking, barbecue terrace and ancient olive tree. Comfortably sleeps two, ideal beach and touring base. TV, WIFI, DVD & CD-players, recently refurbished. Simple, comfortable and inviting.
It is rare to find an independent cottage along this stretch of the French Riviera. Usually it is apartments or expensive villas. The 52 square metre cottage is a very comfortable size for two.
Kitchen off living/dining room. Kitchen is equipped with washing machine, fridge, microwave, oven, coffee machine etc, plates, glasses, cutlery, general pots and pans for cooking. Barbecue outside. Garden furniture. A welcome bottle of wine. Sheets, towels, bedding etc provided; Separate loo.
We speak English and French. My husband speaks German. Our caretakers also speak Portuguese… We are available if you have concerns or need directions for a good restaurant! We will respect your privacy.
We run our olive farm just above the cottage. The cottage is about fifteen minutes by car to the beaches of Cannes, the same inland to the lovely hilltop village of Mougins, which is packed with good restaurants. The city of Nice with its international airport is twenty-five mins by car.
We recommend a car although a bus does run from the end of the lane to the village of Le Cannet and from there into Cannes. It is not all that frequent though!
Sorry, but we cannot accept children or animals and we prefer to limit the rental of the cottage to two guests.
- Daily Mail: Emotional ties with actress and author Carol Drinkwater Carol on notebooks, her obsession with olives, getting married in the Cook Islands, showbiz running in the family and her days on All Creatures Great & Small 0
- Where are they now? Actress and author Carol Drinkwater. STAGE and screen actress Carol played Helen Herriot in the popular TV series All Creatures Great And Small (1978-1985) with Robert Hardy, Christopher Timothy and Peter Davison. 0
- Interview for WAMC's The Roundtable, Northeast Public Radio USA An award-winning, nationally recognized eclectic talk program. 0
- 'As a young actress, I would spend everything that I'd earn on travelling…' Irish Indpendent. Louisa McBride interviews Carol Drinkwater. 0
- Interview with Carol Drinkwater, author of the Olive Series The Good Life France. 0
- NAW Interview with Carol Drinkwater New Asian Writing Online Asian Literary Community interviews Carol following the publication of Hotel Paradise 0
- A Python’s Paradise: Carol Drinkwater Interview A Clockwork Orange 50th anniversary exclusive! 0
- Writer's Forum Where I Write: Phil Barrington visits novelist Carol Drinkwater at her French olive farm 0