The Song of the Whale and my Visit to Biarritz
Many years ago, in a period of my life that is almost history now, while I was filming the TV series All Creatures Great and Small, I was invited to take part in a Save the Whale rally which was to be held in Trafalgar Square. It was a Sunday. A high stage had been erected in the centre of the square and each of us was to present our reading or give our speech to a bank of microphones that relayed the message to thousands and thousands of people who had gathered to support the event. I read an extract from Moby Dick. The conservationist and television presenter, Sir Peter Scott, was the main focus of the occasion. He was the chairman and founder of the World Wildlife Fund International, an organisation that I had aligned myself with back then. I was particularly interested in its conservation of threatened marine life and habitats as I had recently become a qualified scuba diver.
Read the rest of this article at The History Girls.
- Interview with Carol Drinkwater, author of the Olive Series The Good Life France. 0
- A Python’s Paradise: Carol Drinkwater Interview A Clockwork Orange 50th anniversary exclusive! 0
- Writer's Forum Where I Write: Phil Barrington visits novelist Carol Drinkwater at her French olive farm 0
- NAW Interview with Carol Drinkwater New Asian Writing Online Asian Literary Community interviews Carol following the publication of Hotel Paradise 0
- 'As a young actress, I would spend everything that I'd earn on travelling…' Irish Indpendent. Louisa McBride interviews Carol Drinkwater. 0
- Where are they now? Actress and author Carol Drinkwater. STAGE and screen actress Carol played Helen Herriot in the popular TV series All Creatures Great And Small (1978-1985) with Robert Hardy, Christopher Timothy and Peter Davison. 0
- The Irish Times, December 2017 From award-winning actor to bestselling author: John Rainsford discovers the emotional outpouring behind the writer’s latest novel. 0
- Carol Drinkwater Lives the Good Life in France (and Writes About It Too) The Thin Reads Interview with Carol Drinkwater, Author of “Hotel Paradise” 0