It seems that slowly, slowly governments are waking up to the dangers of the neonicotinoid pesticides. Let us hope they do not drag their feet for much longer. How many bees have you seen this spring? We have far fewer feeding at the farm. In spite of a tremendous display of cherry blossom we have had almost no cherries. The flowers were not pollinated.
This lady is worth giving a short fraction of your time to. Please remember that the loss of bee colonies continues and the problem is not being resolved. Plant organically -produced bee-friendly flowers whoever you can: in unused patches of your yard, window boxes, alongside pathways. Just keep feeding nature. It is our only way forward.
Thank you, Carol.
TED Talk by University of Minnesota professor Marla Spivak. She has a Facebook page and so does her Bee Squad, a team of folks that educates, trains, and assists people to help bees thrive. Learn more about honeybees and all the other gorgeous bees we share the world with and alsowhat you can do to support them.
Other Bee Story links
- Where are they now? Actress and author Carol Drinkwater. STAGE and screen actress Carol played Helen Herriot in the popular TV series All Creatures Great And Small (1978-1985) with Robert Hardy, Christopher Timothy and Peter Davison. 0
- Interview with Carol Drinkwater, author of the Olive Series The Good Life France. 0
- The Irish Times, December 2017 From award-winning actor to bestselling author: John Rainsford discovers the emotional outpouring behind the writer’s latest novel. 0
- A Python’s Paradise: Carol Drinkwater Interview A Clockwork Orange 50th anniversary exclusive! 0
- Writer's Forum Where I Write: Phil Barrington visits novelist Carol Drinkwater at her French olive farm 0
- NAW Interview with Carol Drinkwater New Asian Writing Online Asian Literary Community interviews Carol following the publication of Hotel Paradise 0
- Interview for WAMC's The Roundtable, Northeast Public Radio USA An award-winning, nationally recognized eclectic talk program. 0
- 'As a young actress, I would spend everything that I'd earn on travelling…' Irish Indpendent. Louisa McBride interviews Carol Drinkwater. 0