Opening chapter to my new novel THE FORGOTTEN SUMMER
As you will discover when you begin to read the first chapter of THE FORGOTTEN SUMMER, the novel is set on a magnificent vineyard in the south of France and opens during the harvest time. So, please, indulge your senses, inhale all the perfumes of the surrounding nature and drool over all those delicious meals that are being served to the hard-working pickers who are out all day labouring in the warm Provençal sunshine.
Jane Cambon is our heroine. She is married to Luc, the son of Clarisse Cambon, the proprietor of this estate. Of course, paradise is not interesting if there is no drama, no conflict and before long we learn that daughter and mother-in-law are at loggerheads with one another. Why? That revelation comes much later.
THE FORGOTTEN SUMMER is a love story on several levels: Jane’s enduring love for Luc, while Clarisse has her own secret love from the past. It is also my love, my celebration, of Provence and all that this wonderfully rich land has offered me.
Fruit, perfume, wine – litres of it, olive oil (of course!), freshly-grown organic vegetables, passionate weekends in Paris, bicycle rides to the beach, swimming in deserted Mediterranean bays, secrets from the past, days of falling in love… THE FORGOTTEN SUMMER
I hope THE FORGOTTEN SUMMER will take you on a journey of surprises, unexpected twists and turns and will whisk you away to one of the most beautiful places on earth.
Enjoy and let me know what you think…
- A Python’s Paradise: Carol Drinkwater Interview A Clockwork Orange 50th anniversary exclusive! 0
- Writer's Forum Where I Write: Phil Barrington visits novelist Carol Drinkwater at her French olive farm 0
- Where are they now? Actress and author Carol Drinkwater. STAGE and screen actress Carol played Helen Herriot in the popular TV series All Creatures Great And Small (1978-1985) with Robert Hardy, Christopher Timothy and Peter Davison. 0
- Carol Drinkwater Lives the Good Life in France (and Writes About It Too) The Thin Reads Interview with Carol Drinkwater, Author of “Hotel Paradise” 0
- Interview with Carol Drinkwater, author of the Olive Series The Good Life France. 0
- NAW Interview with Carol Drinkwater New Asian Writing Online Asian Literary Community interviews Carol following the publication of Hotel Paradise 0
- Daily Mail: Emotional ties with actress and author Carol Drinkwater Carol on notebooks, her obsession with olives, getting married in the Cook Islands, showbiz running in the family and her days on All Creatures Great & Small 0
- Interview for WAMC's The Roundtable, Northeast Public Radio USA An award-winning, nationally recognized eclectic talk program. 0