A quick update to let you know that Scholastic have republished another of my books in the My Story series, Suffragette. Here is a photo of the new cover above, which is lovely and all silvery. I am very pleased with it.
For my adult novel, we have a title. Hooray! I am not allowed to announce it yet – sorry! – but the jacket is currently being designed and the hardback is due to be published in February 2016. It is a longer wait than I had hoped for but as I have changed publishing houses there is quite a bit of organising to do. I hope you will think it worth the wait when you finally have the opportunity to read it.
I will be appearing each day at the France Show at Olympia at the end of January 2016 and that will probably be the first outing for the new novel. Dates will be 29th to 31st Jan. I will give a talk on both the Friday 29th and Saturday 30th and a book-signing only on the Sunday 31st. The France Show website will have more details in due course or you will find all the information here.
Beyond that, my two Kindle Singles translated into German are currently holding both the first and second position in the German Kindle Single charts. Here are the links for you if you are reading in German.
The days here are getting very hot and the best place for me is in my den where I can work out of the heat. Here, below is Cardea protecting me beyond my open doors. Actually, she is so busy sunbathing I don’t think she has even noticed that I am typing away earning the price of her dog food!
I am at work on a novella and the drafting of a new novel so there is lots to do. Great fun. My spare time is spent watering the land and watching the young olives begin to take shape. They are fattening up fast and I am keeping my fingers crossed that we do not lose the greater part of the harvest to the fly as most of the South of France did last year. We will be putting our organic treatment against the fly into working mode within the next couple of weeks. For those of you who don’t know it, scroll back through my Newsletters and you can read about it. It is a Sicilian discovery: Sardines-submerged-in-Water-Hanging-in-Bottle-from-Tree-Branch
Last year, a very late wave of hot weather scuppered the plan and we lost most of the olives at the ninth hour. I will try to avoid that this year.
So, back to work for me now. I will write again soon when I am allowed to announce more news. Goodness, what a challenge this has been, guarding the novel a secret.
By the way, I have joined Twitter. As well as the Facecbook link you can find on the Home Page of this website, you can also follow me @Carol4OliveFarm
It’s hard work all this social media. I need a social media assistant!
Enjoy these gorgeous days and if you are reading this from elsewhere in the world, I hope whatever season or climate you are living in you are at peace and are healthy.
Bye for now
- 'As a young actress, I would spend everything that I'd earn on travelling…' Irish Indpendent. Louisa McBride interviews Carol Drinkwater. 0
- The Irish Times, December 2017 From award-winning actor to bestselling author: John Rainsford discovers the emotional outpouring behind the writer’s latest novel. 0
- Interview with Carol Drinkwater, author of the Olive Series The Good Life France. 0
- A Python’s Paradise: Carol Drinkwater Interview A Clockwork Orange 50th anniversary exclusive! 0
- Carol Drinkwater Lives the Good Life in France (and Writes About It Too) The Thin Reads Interview with Carol Drinkwater, Author of “Hotel Paradise” 0
- Where are they now? Actress and author Carol Drinkwater. STAGE and screen actress Carol played Helen Herriot in the popular TV series All Creatures Great And Small (1978-1985) with Robert Hardy, Christopher Timothy and Peter Davison. 0
- NAW Interview with Carol Drinkwater New Asian Writing Online Asian Literary Community interviews Carol following the publication of Hotel Paradise 0
- Daily Mail: Emotional ties with actress and author Carol Drinkwater Carol on notebooks, her obsession with olives, getting married in the Cook Islands, showbiz running in the family and her days on All Creatures Great & Small 0