Dear Friends and Readers, PLEASE tune to Channel 5 in on Sunday and join me in PROVENCE.
Last Week of May in Listowel, Kerry, Ireland. There are still a few places left on my workshop in Listowel at the end of May. We had a wonderful time last year. If you are in Ireland and fancy joining… Continue reading
- If you are in the UK, you might spare the time to help with this survey. All knowledge and participation helps protect our furry friends. Thank you www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/BumblebeeConservation
France has a coastline of approximately 7330 kilometres. Much of it is magnificent and many of those kilometres are uninhabited, wild even. I am a sea baby. The old adage that being by the sea does you good, clears your… Continue reading
- I think this worth reading: http://www.npr.org
- This has been sent through to me from Texas. You might like to contribute and help save the bees https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/help-us-irrigate-an-organic-bee-farm-in-austin#/
- This is fun: http://mentalfloss.com/article/53691/13-fascinating-facts-about-bees
- URGENT : If you wish to help the bees against… Continue reading
Some of you may have read about or seen on the news the appalling floods that hit my homeland of Cannes and its environs in the south of France at the beginning of this month. We were there; we had… Continue reading
This is very good news. It’s just the beginning, but it is going in the right direction http://peacefulwarriors.net/monsanto-loses-gmo-permit-in-mexico-judge-sides-with-the-bees/
The destruction of our ancient history, of magnificent sites that are, or were, jewels in our cultural heritage and are now nothing but rubble, makes my blood boil.
We are all of us reading the news and staring at photographs… Continue reading
This is an exciting autumn moment for me.
My new novel to be published by Penguin early next year has disappeared off to the copy editor; we are preparing for this year’s olive harvest which looks set to… Continue reading
This is just a quick message to let you know the latest news on buying the films of The Olive Route or my books.
As before, if you wish to own the complete boxed set of five DVDs you can… Continue reading
The Olive Route, rich in detail, colourful in scope and astonishing in meaning, takes us on an unforgettable journey across the Mediterranean. Discover the secrets of the olive tree, a symbol of life and spirit of peace for thousands… Continue reading
Provence. Provence-Alpes-Maritimes is my home, and it has also become my work. I never fail to remind myself how fortunate I am. When I first came here to this southern coast of France I was looking for a ‘house by… Continue reading
Hello from a very hot South of France. (currently 34C)
The announcement of the news announced today in The Bookseller (link below) has been such a LONG time coming – I have been busting for three months to tell you.… Continue reading
A few days ago I headed north, driving from our home on the French Côte d’Azur to our home in the Brie, mid-centre between Paris and Reims, fifteen minutes from the Champagne district. I love these long trajectories penetrating and… Continue reading
This news is very concerning. I thought we were beginning to help people understand the fundamental necessity of bees and the dangers of pesticides. http://www.economicvoice.com/bee-harming-pesticides-to-be-used-again/
I am suffering from Deadline-itis. Two deadlines glaring at me with fanged intentions. As always during these stressful moments, it seems that all the world apart from me is in holiday mode; either on holiday or about to depart.
A quick update to let you know that Scholastic have republished another of my books in the My Story series, Suffragette. Here is a photo of the new cover above, which is lovely and all silvery. I am very pleased… Continue reading
- Interview for WAMC's The Roundtable, Northeast Public Radio USA An award-winning, nationally recognized eclectic talk program. 0
- Interview with Carol Drinkwater, author of the Olive Series The Good Life France. 0
- NAW Interview with Carol Drinkwater New Asian Writing Online Asian Literary Community interviews Carol following the publication of Hotel Paradise 0
- Daily Mail: Emotional ties with actress and author Carol Drinkwater Carol on notebooks, her obsession with olives, getting married in the Cook Islands, showbiz running in the family and her days on All Creatures Great & Small 0
- 'As a young actress, I would spend everything that I'd earn on travelling…' Irish Indpendent. Louisa McBride interviews Carol Drinkwater. 0
- Writer's Forum Where I Write: Phil Barrington visits novelist Carol Drinkwater at her French olive farm 0
- A Python’s Paradise: Carol Drinkwater Interview A Clockwork Orange 50th anniversary exclusive! 0
- The Irish Times, December 2017 From award-winning actor to bestselling author: John Rainsford discovers the emotional outpouring behind the writer’s latest novel. 0