This will be the briefest of Newsletters and will not contain a great deal of news!
I am intending to deliver my new novel later today or tomorrow so I am DEEP in the world of my ‘lost domain’.
As you can see from the photograph, I have recently returned from a week in Cairo where I was running a series of workshops at an international school celebrating it’s annual book week. A really fascinating experience especially given that I was there over the weekend when Hosni Mubarak and his sons were acquitted of all charges. I was in Tahir Square when the tanks rolled in…
I am months behind in responding to all the emails that have been sent to me via this website and I promise to answer them over the Christmas holidays. If you have written to me, please be patient. I will reply. I have no assistant so when travelling or deep in a book, I seem to let the other matters slip.
I will be at the France Show at Olympia from Friday 23rd January through to Sunday 25th. If you are in London, please come along and say hello. Here is the link for tickets: http://www.thefranceshow.com/pre-register.aspx
So, I am going to sign off now, wishing you a wonderful holiday. I hope that 2015 will be a blessed year for you, bringing good health and all that you work for and dream of. As we say in France: La santé surtout. Above all else, good health. And peace on earth. What a brave and visionary response to the recent atrocities is the Australian Twitter: #Illridewithyou
Have a wonderful Chanukah and, or Christmas. Or simply enjoy your time off and chill out. I certainly intend to.
- Writer's Forum Where I Write: Phil Barrington visits novelist Carol Drinkwater at her French olive farm 0
- The Irish Times, December 2017 From award-winning actor to bestselling author: John Rainsford discovers the emotional outpouring behind the writer’s latest novel. 0
- Carol Drinkwater Lives the Good Life in France (and Writes About It Too) The Thin Reads Interview with Carol Drinkwater, Author of “Hotel Paradise” 0
- 'As a young actress, I would spend everything that I'd earn on travelling…' Irish Indpendent. Louisa McBride interviews Carol Drinkwater. 0
- Interview for WAMC's The Roundtable, Northeast Public Radio USA An award-winning, nationally recognized eclectic talk program. 0
- A Python’s Paradise: Carol Drinkwater Interview A Clockwork Orange 50th anniversary exclusive! 0
- Where are they now? Actress and author Carol Drinkwater. STAGE and screen actress Carol played Helen Herriot in the popular TV series All Creatures Great And Small (1978-1985) with Robert Hardy, Christopher Timothy and Peter Davison. 0
- Daily Mail: Emotional ties with actress and author Carol Drinkwater Carol on notebooks, her obsession with olives, getting married in the Cook Islands, showbiz running in the family and her days on All Creatures Great & Small 0