Last Week of May in Listowel, Kerry, Ireland. There are still a few places left on my workshop in Listowel at the end of May. We had a wonderful time last year. If you are in Ireland and fancy joining us, here are the details.
Do come along. I would love to see you there!
3 day Workshop from Thursday 28th – Saturday 30th May, 9am-12.30pm.
Venue will be confirmed to all attendees nearer the date.
Memoir – Your Personal Treasure Trove
First we must begin. A blank page, a computer or pen, pencil. To become a writer there is one imperative and that is to write. You must begin. You only develop as a writer by writing, one day at a time. Reading is your guidebook but writing is the work. Sometimes, you’ll surprise yourself. Miracles happen. They really do. The most unexpected pops up, punches you full on and begs to be written about.
The process of unlocking the path to those deeper stories is also about freeing the imagination.
‘Everyman’s memory is his private literature.’ Aldous Huxley
I believe that all writing, whether it be fiction or non-fiction, is about storytelling. And each one of us has our own unique point of view, our memories, dreams, vision of the world. You and I might have lived through an identical experience, been hand in hand in the same room, but what we see, learn, feel will be coloured by our own individual view of life, and our recall of it will be unique.
This workshop is about discovering the YOU in the words. The special YOU who is itching to put his or her individual experience on the page.
Together, we’ll learn how to plumb the depths of your imagination, learn how to play with it, to include other characters, to craft it and communicate it.
- 'As a young actress, I would spend everything that I'd earn on travelling…' Irish Indpendent. Louisa McBride interviews Carol Drinkwater. 0
- A Python’s Paradise: Carol Drinkwater Interview A Clockwork Orange 50th anniversary exclusive! 0
- Interview with Carol Drinkwater, author of the Olive Series The Good Life France. 0
- NAW Interview with Carol Drinkwater New Asian Writing Online Asian Literary Community interviews Carol following the publication of Hotel Paradise 0
- The Irish Times, December 2017 From award-winning actor to bestselling author: John Rainsford discovers the emotional outpouring behind the writer’s latest novel. 0
- Carol Drinkwater Lives the Good Life in France (and Writes About It Too) The Thin Reads Interview with Carol Drinkwater, Author of “Hotel Paradise” 0
- Where are they now? Actress and author Carol Drinkwater. STAGE and screen actress Carol played Helen Herriot in the popular TV series All Creatures Great And Small (1978-1985) with Robert Hardy, Christopher Timothy and Peter Davison. 0
- Daily Mail: Emotional ties with actress and author Carol Drinkwater Carol on notebooks, her obsession with olives, getting married in the Cook Islands, showbiz running in the family and her days on All Creatures Great & Small 0