This is a fascinating facebook page offering photos and information all varieties of insects.
Sustainable Beekeeping | Beekeeping Courses | Natural Beekeeping Trust
Tune in to #countryfileon #BBC1this Sunday 21 Oct at 6.20pm to learn more about #naturalbeekeepingand #SunHive http://t.co/vf9MVlNQ
another article concerning the fate of the bumble bees and the use of pesticides for your information. http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/damian-carrington-blog/2012/oct/22/bees-pesticides
Protect bee populations in the UK by banning neonicotinoid insecticides.
Healthy bee populations are essential to the production of food. Floral nectars and aromas attract bees and thus ensure adequate pollination and the reproductive success of the plant. The honey bee’s most significant contribution to human dietary habits has been these pollination activities. Without honey bees human tables and lives would be impoverished by a general lack of fruits, vegetables,… Signatures: 15,594
New study adds to evidence that common pesticides decimating bee colonies http://news.mongabay.com/2012/1024-hance-bees-pesticides-mix.html
We are standing up for the bees. http://blog.38degrees.org.uk/2012/10/23/save-our-bees-petition-hand-in/
For those of you who enjoy poetry as well as discovering bees, here is an excellent little volume: Sean Boroday’s Bee Journal , published by Cape Poetry – I recommend it.
Here is a beekeeping manual that has lost to offer
- 'As a young actress, I would spend everything that I'd earn on travelling…' Irish Indpendent. Louisa McBride interviews Carol Drinkwater. 0
- Writer's Forum Where I Write: Phil Barrington visits novelist Carol Drinkwater at her French olive farm 0
- Carol Drinkwater Lives the Good Life in France (and Writes About It Too) The Thin Reads Interview with Carol Drinkwater, Author of “Hotel Paradise” 0
- NAW Interview with Carol Drinkwater New Asian Writing Online Asian Literary Community interviews Carol following the publication of Hotel Paradise 0
- Where are they now? Actress and author Carol Drinkwater. STAGE and screen actress Carol played Helen Herriot in the popular TV series All Creatures Great And Small (1978-1985) with Robert Hardy, Christopher Timothy and Peter Davison. 0
- Interview with Carol Drinkwater, author of the Olive Series The Good Life France. 0
- Daily Mail: Emotional ties with actress and author Carol Drinkwater Carol on notebooks, her obsession with olives, getting married in the Cook Islands, showbiz running in the family and her days on All Creatures Great & Small 0
- A Python’s Paradise: Carol Drinkwater Interview A Clockwork Orange 50th anniversary exclusive! 0